Thursday 15 December 2011

A New Home

Hello, I have a new card that I've created for a friend of mine who just moved into a new home.  I created the card with an open bottom so that you could see the ribbon from the top and also from the inside.
 I created it with just two colours for the challenge over at Scrapbook Sisters - Use 2 colours
For the top I used a Fiskars clear stamp for the flowers and then sewed buttons to their centers.  I added a touch of ribbon, some distressed paper from K & Company then topped it with a computer generated sentiment.  For the inside I coloured a cute digi from Sliekje's.  I matted it on some yellow cardstock over some more lovely yellow paper with the ribbon running through it.  It seemed lonely so I added another flower and a small pale bow.  The card still looked a bit to simple so seeing the yellow butterfly in the image I decided to give him some friends.  I used my EK Success butterfly punch and then added some pearls to them.  This card is to go with a basket of goodies to her home in the next day or two.  Hope she enjoys it!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

This is such a pretty card, Jennifer! I really like the design! The butterflies are so pretty, and the image is so cute! Have a happy day!...Nancy :o)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet card Jennifer. Love the cute image and the colors. the butterflies look so pretty! Love how the front panel is shorter than the back. :o)

Jacilynn said...

oh this is adorable! super cute little mice.
x