Monday 10 July 2023

Homemaking Mondays: Summer Flowers and Time To Breath


Hello!
I love summer for the flowers.
Flowers to make you smile, to pick for tea, 
& to pick for vases through the house.

This week the roses were on the end 
so I picked a bunch to dry the petals for tea.
Then the calendula is coming
into full bloom and so I'm snitching blossoms
to dry the petals for tea.
The chamomile is still going strong as well.
I am so blessed to have been given this little
dehydrator that I sit on a stool outside.


Up next to the house I have some flowers and mint growing.
It is growing well and I'm keeping it trimmed down 
as I'm using quite a bit lately.


As the wild lupins and roses are coming to an end 
for the season
it's time for the next round of wildflowers.
Bedstraw...smells so good and it keeps for a long time
in a vase in the house.
The gentle aroma filling the cool of the house in the evening.


As we trek back and forth to the greenhouse to water
there is this special space waiting partway.
The hammock is so inviting on hot days 
as the shade from the evergreens invites us
to sit awhile and breathe
and enjoy the clear blue of the sky
through the branches.
Little breaks through the day are so important.


The mint is used for tea
and also to make mint water that is cold in the fridge.
I've put a few little shoots in some water to root
because well....can you have too much mint?
Don't answer that if you live in a warm climate! 
Here in the Yukon it'll never become invasive.


The final radishes are coming out of the garden
as the heat is sending them bolting.
The zucchini is starting to come out of the greenhouse
and that is nice to add to the menu.
Then of course....more mint. 


Thanks for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

Sunshine Country said...

I love having lots of mint around too! I don't mind it becoming invasive (it does for me), as long as I put it in it's own spot where it has lots of room. Last year I had so much that it even made it into my flower bouquets that I sold at a local farmers market. It gave nice greenery, and a wonderful scent! I dried quite a bit too.