Monday 26 October 2020

Homemaking Mondays: In Home Projects and Outdoor Fun


Hello! 
How are things with you this week?
For me there have been some indoor projects
and some outdoor fun.
I have started a new scarf with some sweet yarn 
that a dear friend gifted me. 
I'm using a slanted shell pattern this time round. 
Then I have this lovely ivy plant that is ready to go to
it's new home at a friends place.
Also a great score at the free store this week 
is this serving tray that is made of teak wood and
after an oiling it's great to use for taking tea and 
little meals to others about the house. 


This week I also redid the cushion on my office chair.  
It has been falling apart for quite some time
until I finally just did it.  
I had bought a new taller cushion of foam, 
then grabbed some material that I 
thought complimented the space. 


This chair is special for me since 
it used to sit in my grandparents living room for extra guests. 
This is a fun material that I find very cheerful!


We've had a couple foxes around and this time
we got a picture of this 
pretty one eating seeds that fell from the feeder.


The snow has begun to fall and is starting to cover things up.  


What do you do when there isn't enough snow to sled?
You pull out your dump trucks
get in and have your brother give you a push. :) 


Of course the birds are happy in our yard
for a new feeder! 
My daughter made a new feeder for the other side of the house
so she could watch them from her bedroom window. 


With the ice having frozen solid enough there has been 
a lot of skating going on on our little lake.
It's fun to be able to skate all the way around 
since the snow isn't very deep. 
There are lots of others out on the ice 
and we've met more of our neighbours.


There are a few tufts of grass along the shore. 
It's so nice to be able to skate further...
for now. 
The kids have started to clear their rink space
for soon it will be all they have on this side of the lake.


This week we made some fun cupcakes 
for a friend.
I used my wacky cake recipe as I love 
how it tastes and turns out.
Thought this might be more fun then just a touch of icing.



Thanks for dropping by! 
I hope your week has been full
of fun and needful projects. 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

 


3 comments:

JES said...

Everything looks wonderful! Especially the skating rink! Your chair project came out darling too ❤️❤️❤️

Sister in the Mid-west said...

What a nice week! Ice skating sounds fun. :) Those cupcakes look enticing. I really like your daughter's bird feeder. I just saw a similar idea for a bird feeder made out of an old milk jug in a book I am reading.

Margie said...

The tray looks great! I love that you have a free store!