Tuesday 13 October 2020

A Lovely Taste of Fall

 


Hello! 
Another beautiful fall day here....
as we are waiting for winter to arrive.
There were a few snowflakes descending this morning 
but none that stayed around.

We have had no internet for a few days 
so I'm a bit late in posting this.
No internet made for a few more things getting done.
Yes, sadly I'm guilty of that to.

Above I finished up a blanket I was crocheting.
Then I made a new print to go in the bathroom.
I took some decorative scrapbooking paper 
and printed off a verse onto it.
Then I cut it to size and freshened up the frame.
Sometimes it's just a little thing 
that makes a room more inviting. 

Isaiah 26:3
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on thee:
because he trusteth in thee."


Then I found some little pie pumpkins at the store.
They are hard to find so I got a few.
I cut up some and scooped out the seeds for roasting.
Then baked the rest.
It's all measured out in the freezer awaiting pumpkin bread.
Oh...then there is some in the fridge 
awaiting being made into a pumpkin pie.



I made pumpkin spice bread this week on a cookie sheet so that 
I could cut it out in smaller portions for a fun presentation.
Then of course there had to be whipped cream!


Plus some lovely hot tea! 


Yesterday the sunset was oh so lovely! 
Here is the sun hitting the other side of the lake as the sun went down.
Earlier and earlier darkness starts to descend.


Thank you for dropping by!
I hope you have a beautiful day!

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer



4 comments:

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Fall is definitely the beginning of cozy with warm throws and comfort food. I love your vista of the lake, worthy of keeping in some form.
I lost a small crafting gadget last week so tore my studio completely apart. Ha, there nestled into another item was your lupin seeds.
I’ll get them to you in the mail so you can start some indoors for next year.

Sunshine Country said...

Oh, your post was so nice to read through! Your pumpkin bread is making me hungry. :) What a beautiful blanket that is that you finished! It makes me think I should finally pull out more of my yarn and work on a blanket sometime. I have been so busy with orders from my Etsy shop (www.sunshinecountry.etsy.com), though, that I haven't had time for any crocheting other than that. I should pull out some of my pretty teacups sometime for a cup of tea also. I usually use a plain mug, but those teacups are fun to use other than just for decoration. :)

The verse you framed is one of my favorites as well...one I often need reminded of. I should make a print for myself sometime also. Thank you for sharing this post with us!

Margie said...

It's amazing how much we've grown dependent on the internet, especially these days when many of us are working or doing classes remotely.

The pumpkin bread looks great and is perfect with your cup of tea!

Linda Shukri said...

I love what you did with the framed artwork! So pretty! Your place sounds so cozy, warm, and snuggly! And delicious! And the views spectacular!