Monday 13 January 2020

Homemaking Monday: When You're on Your Back


Hello! 
Sorry I've been quite for the last bit.  
I've injured my SI joint and so I've been spending lots of time on my back.
Staring up at the ceiling....
finding lots of fun pictures in the knots of the wood. 
I've been stalled from some of the projects I've been wanting to get to.
It's not a place I like to be
but I'm trying to be good and give my joint time to heal. 

Sometimes these are times that are good for a mom. 
The Lord has given me more time to spend reading and praying for others.
It's also given me time to notice more some of the needs of my home.
Yeah...like the dust bunnies under the couches. :) 

My girls have taken over running the household for me.
It's given me a glimpse into some things that I need to spend time teaching.
Some lessons are naturally happening all on their own. 
For the most part they are very competent and I feel at ease leaving it all to them.

So for fun...can you spot some of the animals in the knots? 
Let me know in the comments what you see.






My girls have been doing most of the cooking and it's been so nice. 
My kids have been sick and one of the foods one of my daughter's made is some 
yummy chicken noodle soup with bone broth.
I am blessed with a family that has been so supportive of me. 
Also a blessing to know that the time spent teaching them about homemaking 
and associated skills (like chopping wood) is very useful.  


Thanks for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

6 comments:

Margie said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery from your back injury!

Knot image #1: a bird with a big beak.

Knot image #4: a fish (with Nemo vibes).

mamasmercantile said...

Hope you feel better and stronger soon. So glad your family are been so supportive.

Linda Shukri said...

Hi Jennifer!
So sorry your back is giving you difficulty. It is nice your girls are helping out. Sounds like you are a good teacher! :-)

I think the first knot looks like a wolf (maybe?), but one side (one eye) of the knot looks like a goose.

Further down - a horse or cow? and then a person with coke bottle glasses (big eyes!). :-) Can't decipher the other ones.

Get better quickly. Hope you've been to a chiropractor.

Vicki said...

I don't know what the SI joint is but I hope you are feeling better soon and your children as well.

Knots:
1 is a flamingo
2 is a bear
3 is a baboon face
4 is a person wearing glasses smiling
5 is a proboscis (spelling?) monkey on top and a bird with a long neck beneath

the soup looks chunky and delicious.

living from glory to glory said...

Hello my dear sweet friend, I my goodness its those times we are made to stop and reflect and allow others to help us while we recover!
You always make me smile, I defenitly see a duck (smiles) And everybody has wils dust bunnies...
The soup looks delicious! These are the time that allow our kids to grow up in a natual way of how life shows us what is needed, when Mom is not doing it all!
How is your husband doing? Email me soon! Hugs, Roxy

Sunshine Country said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well and able to be up and around! That's nice your daughters are able to help out with the housework. Hmm...can't make out something in each of the pictures, but the first one looks like a bird, and the second one maybe a llama? :)