Monday 21 January 2019

Homemaking Mondays:


Well, the morning dawned bright and beautiful here in the Yukon. 
The clouds were stunning and gave me pause...my camera couldn't capture the splendor.  

There is much of winter that many do not enjoy, but winter is another of the wonderful seasons the Lord has created.  
I think we need to look at the details of it...and find things to be thankful for.  

My children and I went snowshoeing this past week.
It was a beautiful day and the temperature not to frigid.  
I love to hear the crunch of the snow underfoot. 
We are very dry in the Yukon so the snow has turned into crystals with a bit of a harder crust.  
Not good for snow forts, but great for walking in. 


We didn't venture too far from home, but meandered through the forest. 


My youngest son has taken naturally to knitting 
and has just finished himself a new cowl to wear outside.   
Perfect to try out today as we are going skating.


Praying you all have found some lovely thing to occupy 
yourself on this winter's day. 

Genesis 8:22 
 "While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest,
 and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

2 comments:

living from glory to glory said...

Morning, it looks beautiful but very cold as winter is (smiles) Walking is so important, even in the winter, we took one last night because the Full Moon was so bright. Love that your son made himself a scarf...
A Big Hello...
Hugs, Roxy

mamasmercantile said...

Well done to your son for his wonderful scarf, what a great job he has done. Brr...just looking at your photos is making me feel cold, although I must admit to admiring the beauty.