Monday 23 July 2018

Homemaking Mondays: Beauty in the Details


Esther 1: 20
" And when the king's decree which he shall make shall be published throughout all his empire, for it is great, all the wives shall give to their husbands honour, both to great and small."

Today I'd like to share about beauty in the details.  
As I read the above passage (read the whole passage of Esther 1) about the dealings of the King Ahasuerus of Persia and his Queen Vashti.
I thought of how very important it is to respect the requests of our husbands.  No, we may not always feel like doing as our husbands ask, but we need to submit ourselves to them and honour their requests.  It is a sign of submission, but also of deep respect, yes honour.  

It is very common for wives to be publicly disrespectful to their husbands.... just stand and watch sometime when you're out in public.  How do you think this makes them feel?  
I know that I have not always been perfect in this area, and I am ashamed of that.  I now seek to always do so.  How very important it is, not just for your marriage, but for the witness of the Lord.  

This goes back to what I previously wrote on regarding Titus 2: 
"To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."

We need to always  remember that all that we do needs to be for the glory of God.  This includes how we treat others, and for us wives especially our husbands.  If we are disrespectful to our husbands in the sight of others, they will not think too highly of us, or the God we serve.  

No, we will not always agree, or feel like doing some things. 
But really that doesn't matter....we are only responsible for ourselves, and we need to use self control so that we don't say or do things that are displeasing to the Lord and disrespectful to our husbands. 

There is beauty in the details.  Just following our husbands requests, creates a peaceful, loving environment for you both, and your family, and those you are around.  
We need to welcome requests from our husbands,
for we are their helpmeets, and it's good to be needed!


Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

1 comment:

living from glory to glory said...

Good word, but I must confess I always need more work in being quiet, but I am thankful that by God's grace, I try very hard to not disrespect my husband.
Being human and tired or hungry makes me snappy sometimes.
But I do ask him to forgive me! And he always does...
Hugs, Roxy
Love that quote, Beauty in the details...