Saturday 14 October 2017

Simple Things At Home


Hello!  Do you enjoy the simple things at home?  
I do.

This week it snowed for the first time and even after three days, we still have some out there!  Just another sign that winter is going to come to stay soon.

The joy and brightness the fresh snow brings is incredible!  
We all watched in awe as the big fluffy flakes descended.  


While inside, we enjoy the fresh potted mum I bought for myself at the grocery store.  
For just $7 it will enjoyed for a long time.


We are also enjoying crocheting in the warm of our home.  My son made the "blanket" above for his stuffed moose.  He is learning and is doing very well with his tension. He is 8.  He still needs to work on the ends. :)  He's so keen it's fun to have him pull up his crochet basket next to me, turn to me; smile, then say lets do this together.  Oh my heart bursts!  


I have also added some new lace curtains to our place as the window sucks out so much light at night.  Now the light is reflected nicely back inside and brightens that corner of the house.  


My husband also found this little green lamp in the corner for me at the free store.  Now that corner is nice and bright for those who sit there reading during Bible time.  


The african violets are also blooming beautifully at the moment and add a nice cheerful burst of colour in the living room....and at my desk below. 


It is wonderful how the simple things in our home make it cozy and inviting.  The goal is not being too busy to notice and take it all in.  The Lord is so good in the details of our homes.  It's an honour to help create these environments for our families, we need to remember to enjoy it as well.  

Today after canning 25 jars of applesauce with my daughter (who did some of it all by herself) we were tired.  I retreated to my room and as I took my crocheting out, here came my children one by one.  Seeking company and the coziness of my "new" bed!  
My husband just purchased us a new bed that was on sale at the local furniture store.  It's a solid foam one, and it is SO comfortable and I have slept so well on it. 

But in all things, a home is made with not only the things that we put in it, but it's the "life" the people that gather there in that makes it a home.  The Lord presiding over it all.  

Thank you for dropping by!  

Sharing with Raising Homemakers.



8 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

Yep it was a lot of applesauce we made lol. It was worth it though :)

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

There is nothing quite so comforting as the simple joys of home. Your son did a lovely job on the blanket and I know his moose friend is much more comfortable now.

Have yourself a wonderful week,
Andrea

living from glory to glory said...

Oh the snow is so pretty, but as you said winter is coming soon, but we are having some very warm Indian summer days. Your violet plants, are beautiful!
My grandsons have tried crocheting, but no lasting attention span LOL
The Lamp is so cute! Glad you got a new bed, it's a very wise investment!
Also the lace curtains are perfect, to make it light and cozy...
Hugs, Roxy

God's Grace Overflows said...

Snow!! So very pretty! As Roxy said above, we have indian summer days here. And of course...wind! ;)

I love the moose blanket! How very special that is. And your African violets...LOVE! I had my grandma's for many years and then one day, it just died. So sad. I've never attempted planting another since.
Love the lace and the lamp. It just adds special to the home. Plus like you said. Its the lives that live it! So true. Plus loving Jesus is the added bonus. Loving Jesus will show within your home as well!
Enjoy your new bed, a great investment indeed!

Blessings,
Amy

God's Grace Overflows said...

Snow!! So very pretty! As Roxy said above, we have indian summer days here. And of course...wind! ;)

I love the moose blanket! How very special that is. And your African violets...LOVE! I had my grandma's for many years and then one day, it just died. So sad. I've never attempted planting another since.
Love the lace and the lamp. It just adds special to the home. Plus like you said. Its the lives that live it! So true. Plus loving Jesus is the added bonus. Loving Jesus will show within your home as well!
Enjoy your new bed, a great investment indeed!

Blessings,
Amy

Margie said...

I also try to enjoy the simple things at home. The lace curtains look lovely and I'm loving all the blooming violets. My violets are blooming for the third time this year. Is that common?

September Violets said...

Your son did an amazing job of Moose's blanket! What moose wouldn't want something so cozy?! My son has a moose too (from long ago!). You've made some nice spots in your home to cozy it up now that you have ... ugh! ... snow already! We've still been wearing shorts up until today. I have the same style of lamp on my night table, but mine is all black ;)
And 25 jars of applesauce?! Wow! You'll have some good treats through the winter! Enjoy!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

I am constantly thought about this, appreciate it for posting.