Monday 10 April 2017

Sunny Sourdough English Muffins


Hello!  Today I'd love to share with you some lovely sourdough english muffins.  A friend of mine made some for her family and they liked them so much she shared the recipe with me. :)  I love this kind of sharing!

So since I have lots of sourdough starter, I thought I'd give it a try.  We mixed up the starter and let it sit overnight, then mixed up the muffin dough and put it back in the fridge for three days.  Seems like a long time, but the flavour is totally worth the wait.  We took the dough out, rolled them into kinda balls. lol and put on a cornmeal dusted cookie sheet and then sprinkled more over top. We put them next into a warm oven to rise.


Once they had gotten big enough like above we put them into a hot buttered cast iron frying pan....my favourite.  It took a bit to get the temp right, but they cooked nicely. and then the ones that were still a bit undone inside got to sit a hot oven for a bit to get toasted.


I stacked some on a pretty dish and put them on the table...where they were gobbled up with jam and scrambled eggs.  They were so delicious and totally worth the extra time involved!


So would you like the recipe?  You can click the link HERE to pick it up. :)


Now for the sunny part of the post. This lovely sunflower that was gifted to us as a starter plant has erupted into bloom and is so amazing!  It's in my office window enjoying the sun and you can see it happily looking out from the yard.


Thanks for dropping by!  I hope you have a wonderful sunny spring day!

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Monday.


SaveSave

7 comments:

Leslie said...

I love that these are made in a cast iron skillet! I have all kinds of those! I hope to give these a try soon!

Danielle Dunn said...

They were so good! :) And the sunflower is so pretty in the window. :)

September Violets said...

These look so good! What a great way to welcome spring with a huge sunflower ;)
Wendy

God's Grace Overflows said...

Oh my do they ever look yummy! I might just have to give these a try. I'll be printing the recipe after I'm done.

That sunflower is beautiful! Sunflowers are such bright and cheery flowers! Love it!

I hope you have a Blessed Easter!

Hugs, Amy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I'll bet your english muffins are much tastier than store bought. I have the rings to make crumpets but haven't tried them yet but have heard the same thing about their superior taste.
How nice to have a sunflower blooming in spring!
Happy Easter

Stephanie said...

Mmmm... These look amazing, my friend! I have never made English muffins before, but would love to try these :)

Have a blessed Easter! Hugs!

Natalie said...

A double treat! Pretty flower and yummy english muffins! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Resurrection Sunday! Blessings!