Monday 24 April 2017

Nature Walks


Hello!  So glad you could pop by today!  I'd like to share with you some pictures of the "nature" walks my kids do with me.  We just call them walks/ hikes or strolls, and of course it's in nature.  There are always cool things to see and interesting things to talk about.  

No matter the weather, it's fun to be outside for at least a little bit.  


 We have a lot of mountains around where we live, and it's nice when we climb out of our little valley to see them.


Down in the valley is a wonderful river that gives us hours of enjoyment.  It snakes around so much that it takes a super long time to get very far.  


It has tons of cool dead wood and drift wood along the shores as well. 


Lots of wonderful moss and lichens and we like to see how they change with the seasons. 


Today the river was glimmering so beautifully in the sunshine.  As the river ice melts and falls into the water it gives huge crashing noises, or soft tinkling ones from he candled ice.  


The mountains were beautiful above the trees today.  


We found just one little birdie feather today and wondered at who it had belonged to, a sparrow, a junko, a chickadee?  We also heard our first robin of the season a couple days ago! Yippee, a sure sign of spring being here. OH, and the bugs they eat to have come out.  


We found this wonderful stump on our trail and thought it was great how it had decomposed.  


It had beautiful lichen growing on it. 


It also had such cool little crevices.  


In parts of the river the candled ice was jamming up and sounded so sweet like one of natures special musical instruments. 


Thank you so much for joining me on a nature walk.  It's always nice to share what we are discovering in our simple world.  

Praying you have a wonderful day!


Sharing with the Art of Homemaking Mondays.



4 comments:

God's Grace Overflows said...

Thank you, I enjoyed that nature walk very much! ;)
I went with my hubby and boys yesterday on a little nature walk/ turkey hunting excursion. I took my good camera (not my phone) and took a ton of pictures. I'll have to blog on that once I download them. :)

I agree..I love the simple things that nature has to offer!

All your photos are just beautiful!

Enjoy your week my friend!

Hugs & Prayers,
Amy

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

I love nature walks and I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds dead, decaying or weird things fascinating. Nature has so many items of interest, it's a living classroom, isn't it?

Danielle Dunn said...

I love nature walks. :)

living from glory to glory said...

Very pretty one of the river (Candle Ice) I would love to hear it rushing by and melting! What sweet memories for you and the children and what beautiful country! Hugs, Roxy