Wednesday 5 November 2014

Sunny Cushion


Hello Friends! Sorry I've been so quiet.  Life has been full and I've had lots of personal challenges lately.  I have been doing a bit of this and that throughout it all and here are a couple of the things I accomplished.  First is this wonderful old chair that used to sit in my grandparents living room.  It's a bit worn and used, but I think it adds to it's charm.  It desperately needed a new cushion and material since it was coming apart.  So.... I bought a piece of thick foam... just because I thought it would be more comfortable.  Then I had found this wonderful piece of fabric in my stash.  (I have no idea where it came from?) It was bright and sunny and makes me happy.  I think I'll be painting the chair white this coming summer.  It has a lovely shine to the scroll pattern so this second picture show it off more.  All the kids love this seat now and it makes crafting more enjoyable. :)  It sits in my crafty spot.


Then I have some lovely wash clothes to show you.  I just adore this combination of colours.  I made a bakers dozen of them after I made a bunch of little blue variegated baby washcloths for a cousin of mine... plus extras.  Sorry I forgot to take a pic.  I will take a pic if I make more of them since I have some more yarn left.


It's just wonderful how God puts these little moments in our lives to bring us delight.  Hope you are all having a wonderful day enjoying the wonderful things that God has blessed you with!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your chair looks wonderful, I love the fabric choice just perfect, Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Julie P

Esther Asbury said...

Lovely cushion and it certainly would look lovely painted white! You'll have to post a follow-up picture for us to see! :)
Lovely washcloths as well!

Tracy said...

Well you are just a Jill of all trades now aren't you. LOL Fantastic job on the chair and the wash cloths too. Hugs!

Debbie said...

The new chair cover is wonderful!!
Pretty cloths!