Monday 4 April 2022

Homemaking Mondays: Friends Share Life's Journey

 


Hello! 
This journey of life the Lord God has given each of us.
He has also graciously allowed us friends to 
walk alongside us. 
Now the greatest friend I have known is the Lord Jesus himself.
The real one that I met through His Word.  
I am grateful for the treasure of the others 
that have come into my life.
From my husband to ladies that have let me share my life 
with them and their lives with me.
Those in person and those that I've never met outside of the internet.
I'm a fairly quiet person but treasure those I know.


Little moments shared in the comments of this blog
are also special to me. 
A lady I've never met shared a delicious bread recipe with me. 
Yes, I did try it today and it's delicious! Thank you! 


Also learning from others online that I've never spoken with. 
Through their blogs and things they have written. 
One thing I have enjoyed and has become a kind of friend is this cookbook.
The Prairie Homestead Cookbook. 
Some of us view our cookbooks as friends.
Those recipes that we use often 
or just cookbooks that we read through that inspire us
to care for our family through our kitchens. 


I think friends are like flowers that bring a fresh scent
to our lives and smiles to our faces and hearts. 
Some are in our lives for a short time and some for a lifetime.
All part of the lives that God has given us. 


Thank you all for dropping by
and I pray you have a blessed day!


Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Paula Alexandra Santos said...

Yay!
I'm so glad you liked it! The bread looks delicious.
I believe we are always learnung from each other and that we'll learn until the day we die.
Have a blessed week!
:)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I feel the same way . . . I have some friends I've known for over 50 years and while we may not see each other often (or at all!) we still keep in touch and it's such a joy. Yes, some are in our lives for a short time and impact us in other ways. Your bread looks mouth-wateringly good! I love the purple hyacinths! Last year no one wanted several pots we had purchased to display at church so I took them, read up on drying and then planting the bulbs and what do you know? Mrs. Black Thumb / Killer of all plants has 8 hyacinths sprouting from her garden haha! Some critters were nibbling on them so I sprinkled cayenne pepper on them lol. The scent is so amazing isn't it?

Sunshine Country said...

This was a special post that I enjoyed reading. I too am grateful for the friends I have met either in person or only on the internet through blogs - like yours. :) I always look forward to reading your posts. The people the Lord brings across our path in life are a blessing in many different ways.