Monday 7 February 2022

Homemaking Mondays: A Taste of Cheerfulness

 


Hello! 
This week I've had a taste of cheerfulness. 
It is that time of year that I start dreaming of spring and planting things.
I found these new seeds at Canadian Tire
and no I didn't go there for that reason...but strayed into the garden section. 

Then I found these lovely daffodil bulbs in the grocery store this week. 
I love their cheerful yellow blooms and the scent of spring.
The one stem had 3 blossoms on it!


We had a couple birds come spend some time in the sun against the 
living room window.  
There was a magpie that was actually pecking at the window 
and talking to us wanting in. 


Still a good time for hearty soups. 
I made a sausage and tomato soup topped with 
cheddar cheese for lunch one day.


I've also been eating some more smoothies.
This one was a blackberry/cranberry mix with hemp and flax seeds.


My family has also been enjoying putting puzzles together.
Below is a 2000 piece one that we just finished no long ago. 
Do your families enjoy doing puzzles?  


We are currently having a nice chinook and the sun is shining! 
A nice break from the cold in the middle of the winter. 

Thanks for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Starting seeds is so exciting! I don't start anything until late March, so I am still waiting.
The daffodil is beautiful! Last year I went around our neighborhood digging up daffodil bulbs from empty lots. (I asked permission first.) I can't wait for them to bloom this year. Daffodils are my favorite Spring flower. :)
I haven't put together a puzzle like that in a long time. Maybe when the children are older it would be something that we could enjoy.
Have a great week!

Sunshine Country said...

That sounds like me to wander into the garden section no matter if I wasn't there at the store for that. :) I love the daffodil you found! They are beautiful flowers that I enjoy in the spring as well. Our family used to do puzzles together more often, but not as frequently anymore. Every once in a great while we find a new one to try, though. It's a nice way to pass the time occasionally!

Marilyn @ MountainTopSpice said...

Hi Jennifer! I'm getting ready to start my seeds this weekend, I've ordered from a company other gardeners around here have highly recommended, all their seeds are heirloom, Baker Creek. I'm excited to see how they do. I have recently been researching a method of sowing seeds called winter sowing! It sounds really quite intriguing, and again, I've had lots of local people singing its praises. So, I think I am going to try a few seeds like that and see how they do. It probably would work for your area too, as it works great in cold northern areas. Love your puzzle, what fun as a family to work on it together! And I do love good hearty soups in winter, they are so satisfying! We are having warm sunshine here too... which has been so nice!