Monday 6 December 2021

Homemaking Mondays: A Bit of Time in the Kitchen

 


Hello!
I know I've been quiet on here but I needed a bit of a break. 
A bit because I needed a refresh 
and a bit because of needing to attend to some other 
things more. 
Time...it goes swiftly. 
Yesterday evening I sat in my chair by the window 
and was enjoying watching the sun set 
through the trees. 
Yes, it was early..about 3pm. 
Soon it will be the shortest day of the year.


I've been spending a bit more time in the kitchen. 
Below is a pic of the crumb mixture that 
I was making for apple crisp. 
I love the frothy warm melted butter. 
With this I mix up the crumble by hand.  It just seems to 
come together easier for me for some reason.


I have also started to propagate some more violets. 
The main plants have started to die off so I thought
it was just time for something new. 
I have to break off the big leaf so that I don't end up 
with a whole forest of violets. hehehe
I have two kinds started. 
One is a double purple and the other is a purple with a white ruffle.


I made some more apple hand pies.  
They are a delicious snack and the addition 
of chunky sugar on top is perfect.


In the picture at the top of the blog you can see 
the reflection of my geranium in the tea.
I love that my geraniums bloom in the winter. 
Also...I like to have a cup of tea while I work in the kitchen. 
Do any of you like to do that? 
Do you find that you have a special kind of tea for when you're
working from when you just sit and rest for a bit? 
I like black tea with peppermint for when I'm working 
and herbal mix tea for relaxing. 

Praying you have a blessed day! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

3 comments:

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I like the reflection in the tea cup picture. It provoked me to stop and reflect. :)
Thank you for sharing with us glimpses of your week.
I have been enjoying an herbal tea mix of lavender, marigold petals, peppermint, and lemon balm. I like to have a cup of tea in the afternoon while the children are napping.
I hope your week is blessed! :)

Sunshine Country said...

It was nice to see a post from you again! I understand about the need for a break...I'm not very good at keeping up with regular posts on my blog - but have been trying a little harder lately.
I can't say that I usually make tea for myself while I'm working. Seems like if I do, I end up getting too busy and forgetting it before it gets cold! That being said, I do usually vary what I drink depending on the time of day. I like Vanilla black tea in the mornings occasionally, and usually an herbal tea such as peppermint in the evening. I really like Celestial Seasonings teas...Bengal Spice is one of my favorites of theirs.

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Well Jennifer . . I have ONE violet that I got this summer. It survived outside so I thought I'd bring it in for the winter. It's quite sad looking but then again, I don't probably take proper care of it! But it's not dead haha so that's SOMETHING. Thankfully that shortest day will be here soon and then gone . . . we've experienced a mild winter here so far and in fact, it was 50 here today and sunny! I know that won't last but we are enjoying it while we can. I love to brew a pot of tea in the afternoon and enjoy it in one of my pretty cups. My favorite is Georgia Peach Oolong which I get when we visit St. Simons Island each year. It always makes me think of the island even in the dead of winter! I hope you and your sweet family enjoy a wonderful Christmas!