Monday 12 April 2021

Homemaking Mondays: Fresh From The Oven

 


Hello! 
How has your week been? 
Mine has been going back and forth between
spring and winter blasts. 
More snow and bits of sunshine here and there. 
Inside is homey and smells of 
fresh bread right out of the oven.
It's so nice to have fresh skillet buns 
to go along with a roast chicken dinner. 

Chocolate chip cookies in the cookie jar. 
It's that time when we seem to be craving 
things fresh from the oven.

This week I've been separating out some seedlings
to encourage them to grow more.
I've also been re-arranging things in front of the windows 
to try to get the most of the light.
Below I have lemon balm that will be so nice 
in hot tea or infused in chilled water through the summer.


There is a salad mix growing in the window. 
Still a tad too small to snitch. 
It won't be long before we will have the odd leaves 
to add to sandwiches. 


I had up potted my lemon oregano plant 
and it has just exploded in new growth. 
It'll make some nice meals and tea
plus lots to share.


Talking about sharing...
we have some new critters sharing our yard.
Not sure for how long, but for now we are enjoying them.
A couple mule deer came walking up our snowshoe trail
and decided to hang around and nibble on our little trees.


One was also checking out the one bird feeder 
before moving around the house. 
Below he is just past our carport.


Then we have also been blessed with 
some lovely little snow bunting birds. 
They are very busy and it's fun to watch them run 
and slide through the snow as they feed.
At first they scared away the other little birds....
but they are starting to all get along.


I hope your homemaking day is going splendid! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Nothing beats the smell of home baking, particularly bread. We are much the same weather wise snow and bouts of sunshine. Beautiful photos.

Linda Shukri said...

Love your baking, your plantings, and the animals outside! :-)
Wondereful! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

My goodness . . . you still amaze me with your green thumb! And those rolls . . . my mouth started watering as soon as I opened your blog lol! Your wildlife is quite impressive as well . . . those mule deer are so majestic! Things down here in the middle of the 'lower 48' are finally warming and I believe it is safe to say we have seen the last of the snow for now! Everything is bright green and flowering and it's time to mow the lawn for the first time this year. I love the smell of fresh mown grass . . . I never get tired of working out in the yard. Have a wonderful day and week my friend!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

My week has been going well. I got to do some sewing and visiting with my sister in-law and mother in-law. I have been able to hang laundry several days because the weather is so nice. We have full on Spring here. I am really enjoying the flowers and sunshine! Thanks for sharing what your week has been like. All the baked goods sound delicious!

Cheryl said...

The rolls look yummy! We have also had some deer visiting lately. Four of them - one with the start of antlers. They came right up below our window to eat the budding leaves off my lilac bush before checking out the bird feeders.

Cheryl (SheStamps)
Visit my blog - She Stamps