Monday 11 January 2021

Homemaking Mondays: Yarn Spaces

 


Hello! 
Today I'd like to share with you my new yarn space. 
Since we moved into this new place my 
yarn has been in bins and bags.
I found a sale on these wooden boxes and bought 
some to stack the yarn in. 
My collection is at the top of our spiral staircase 
and I see it every day.

They are rough and you have to be careful 
not to get slivers. 
Come summer I shall take and paint them. 
Not sure what colour yet..
any suggestions?

Now I have all my yarn out where I can see it.
For inspiration and so I 
can be prompted to get my crochet and knitting
projects done.

Above is the box of my wool sock yarn. 
For awhile I just made things with yarn because
I enjoyed the process. 
Now I am working to be more purposeful in what I create.
For now it's socks.  
Our winters are cold and my family needs warm socks on their feet.
It is a skill I'm glad that I have learned.


I also piled all of the balls of my crochet thread into this nice plastic bin.
I set my crochet binder (with all my patterns) and my 
needle holder bag in on top.  
The needle holder bag was a gift from a dear friend and I love
having all of my tools in one place so I can easily find them. 


I just finished up another pair of socks. 
These are for my youngest son since my older son's feet
are just a bit too big for them. 
SO...now I have to make some "man sized" socks for him. :) 
Yes, the socks do look a tad different...
the importance of making sure you have all your yarn from 
the same dye lot! 


This week has been great for outdoor activities.  
The temperatures have been fairly mild and very little wind on the whole.
My boys wanted to go for a ski so we did and it was so fun 
to explore the trails with them.
The hills were gradual so it was not bad to go up or down. 
Of course they liked going down...but not so fast as to need protective gear. 

We've had little flurries of snow but no big dumps and that is nice 
for we've not had to shovel much.

The birds have been enjoying the feeders.
We now have some red poles and a sparrow that have discovered us.
It is interesting to watch all the different birds share the space.  
They are getting used to the children 
who like to stand or sit close by and watch
and chat with them. 
I have heard a few people be able to make bird sounds perfectly...
a skill I've never been able to learn.
Thankfully they seem to enjoy hearing our language to. 

I would also like to say thank you all so much for the comments that you 
give.  I treasure them all and enjoy hearing about your lives!  

Hope you have a beautiful day! 
Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

7 comments:

TrishB said...

I love your space! The colors look so pretty in there. Maybe paint them white or light gray?

TrishB said...

I love your space! The colors look so pretty in there. Maybe paint them white or light gray?

Andrea Ostapovitch said...

It sure does feel good to get organized! Organizing is a hobby of mine. Painting those boxes is great idea. I've always liked white against wood, but just about any colour that makes you happy would work there.
Andrea

Margie said...

What a great way to organize your wool!

mamasmercantile said...

A very pretty way to store your yarn and patterns, it looks wonderful.

JES said...

Love these home organizing projects! When your items are visible it does prompt you to create 🤍

Linda Shukri said...

Hi Jennifer,
I like black accessories. I'd paint the bins black. :-) But if that's not a good choice for you, then paint them a color that coordinates with your home decor. :-)