Tuesday 14 July 2020

Enjoying Wild Harvesting


Hello! 
Today I would like to share with you some of the 
wild harvesting I've been doing. 

Above, there is yarrow..
I like to dry it for hot tea, 
but it is really good just steeped in water overnight 
with other herbs. 

Below are a bunch of rose petals.  
They smell so amazing!  
I've dried them for tea and 
also in hopes of adding some to 
some handmade soap.  


Then there is one of my favourites.
Red Raspberry Leaves 
I dry these to add to tea all through the winter.
It's great a balancing hormones and is very soothing. 


I gathered a bunch of chive blossoms from our old home's yard. 
I put it in some vinegar and it's steeping nicely.  
It's so nice on summer salad. 


Then lastly I have some fresh arnica flowers steeping 
in some olive oil.  
I will use this infused oil 
in salve for the winter. 
It's wonderful for aches and pains.


We are slowly getting settled into our new place. 
It seems that there are so many things that need attending to. 
Doing a little bit of wild harvesting 
brings a smile to my heart. 

Praying you have a lovely day! 
Jennifer

4 comments:

Linda Shukri said...

Hi Jennifer!

I hope you are enjoying your new place. It's so nice you are able to harvest so many wonderful herbs and plants. Alas, I don't have that privilege of a large yard anymore, but I do have a few herbs I purchased that need to go into a large planter for our itsy bitsy yard. We just had a section of our tiny yard fenced in with a wire fence to keep kitty safe. It also needs finishing touches now such as some pea gravel, potted plants, outdoor furniture. I plan on taking photos of the process and post it in my blog sometime this summer if I can get it finished! Have a lovely day!
Love,
Linda Shukri

Sunshine Country said...

That is so nice you were able to gather so many different edible plants! Just yesterday I discovered some wild spearmint growing out in a field, so I gathered two good sized bundles and divided it up to hang and dry today. I also found some Pineapple weed, which I look forward to trying.

I did not know you could use yarrow to make tea - we used to have lots growing wild around our old place. Wish I had taken advantage of it and used it now. Hopefully we'll find some again, though.

Sister in the Mid-west said...

I really enjoyed seeing your wild things! It so neat that you can harvest all these treasures and put them to use!

mamasmercantile said...

I love to collect herbs and either dry them or use them in oils/vinegar's all ready for the winter store cupboard.