Monday 8 June 2020

Homemaking Mondays: Taking A Deep Breath


Hello! 
How is your day? 
Things have been busy in my days and there are
times that I need to just
take a deep breath. 

As the Lord transitions my family 
to a new home,
I find there is actually a lot of 
emotion that felt. 

Tonight I took a walk in the forest with my husband 
and daughter. 
It's been raining a lot lately and the fresh 
smell was so refreshing.
Compelling me to just take a deep breath.
Even though it seems a bit overwhelming
in the details, I know that the
Lord will take care of us. 

Today with the help of my girls I packed up
most of the kitchen. 
Leaving just the essentials. 
We packed the plates, mugs, and bowls.
Then pulled out our camping dishes which are much lighter 
and will easily go back into their boxes when we move.
I ground up a gallon jar worth of fresh flour to 
use with our other store-bought flower for bread.
Now the grinder is packed away.
Soon we'll need to buy bread for it'll be too 
much to bake bread in all the activity to come.

Today I thought I'd share a picture of some 
fresh baked sourdough bread. 
I love the smell of it and it's chewy texture when I 
bake it in the dutch oven. 


I've also been making "fancy eggs".
I love to add some veggies with my eggs.
My kids seem to enjoy it and so this will be happening 
a lot more.  
Then I really enjoy skillet biscuits.
It's the perfect amount of biscuits for breakfast. 
We like ours with homemade 
strawberry jam or grape jelly. 
We don't have grapes that really grow up in our part
of the world.... so Smuckers it is. :) 


All of these foods smell so good. 
Nice to take a deep breath when you come down the stairs.
Food... especially homemade food is a comfort. 

Praying you have a blessed day! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Sunshine Country said...

Your homemade bread, biscuits, and eggs all sound so good! I love eggs with added vegetables also. One of my favorites is cooking up some kale until it's tender - sometimes with a little fresh garlic - then scrambling in some eggs with it. I have never tried cooking biscuits in a skillet - looks like something I should maybe try sometime.

I hope your move goes well, and everything transitions easily for you. I can relate to what that is like - it often is hard to move from one place to another especially after living there awhile and lots of memories attached to a place. The Lord gives new special things wherever we go, though, and we're reminded that this world is not our final home.

TrishB said...

Jennifer, next time you message me give me your recipe for the biscuits please. I'd love to try them. The eggs look so good. I also love to add onions, peppers and herbs to my eggs. That's usually what I have laying around. Luckily both kids love eggs!

Sister in the Mid-west said...

Looks like a wonderful homemade meal! I hope settling in goes well and you feel at home soon. :)

Linda Shukri said...

It's been almost 2 years since we moved back to the States from living in Canada. Though the move was stressful, it was also exciting, and of course, very busy! Enjoy the time and the memories you made of your temporary home. Walking through the forest, smelling the trees and plants, is so lovely! I love doing that. Have a great weekend, Jennifer!

Annie said...

Taking time to just breath is so helpful when there are lots of emotions going on. I am praying for you as you move and transition into a new home!

And you have my mouth watering thinking about the heavenly smell of freshly baked sourdough! :)

((((BIG HUG))))

Love,
Annie