Sunday 5 May 2019

Homemaking Mondays: Homemade cream cheese and violets


Hello!  
Do you like making cheese?  I do.
I had used up the cream cheese I'd bought and then realized that I needed 
some to make my daughter's birthday cake. Ooops!  
I'm so glad that the Lord Jesus has given me an interest in making things from scratch. 
I didn't have to make a special trip to town for it.  

I pulled out a gallon of milk, heated it up, and added some lemon juice.  
After it gave up the curds, I strained it for about 15 minutes. 
Then I took the cheese and put in in my food processor until it was smooth. 
It was so nice! Oh, I also added a pinch of salt to the cheese while it was processing. 
 I also had a lot of whey left and it goes so well in biscuits and pancakes. 
I love the yellow colour. 


I had lots of nice cheese to make her chocolate mint swirl cheesecake. 
It was so delicious! 
I will definitely be making this again!


I used the rest of the cream cheese in enchiladas...
that I had made for the first time. 
My family enjoyed them so much that I'll be making them again. 

I'll leave you with a pretty picture of my violets that are blooming 
so amazingly on my desk right now.


Thanks so much for dropping by! 

Love and Prayers,
Jennifer

5 comments:

Linda S. said...

Nice post! WOW! I used to make yogurt for a time when we were living in Canada, but I got out of the habit. Never thought of trying cream cheese. And the dessert looks awesome! Love, Linda

Margie said...

Cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts so I'm salivating over your chocolate mint cheesecake.

Christine said...

I wouldn't of thought to make cheese from scratch! What a wonderful way to please your family.

R's Rue said...

Yum. Blessings.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Mary E. Stephens said...

That sounds pretty easy! I need to look up the instructions somewhere. Store bought cream cheese is not something I am supposed to eat, but homemade is allowed on the special diet I'm on. I didn't realize it could be done that quickly, and that the whey would be good for those other uses. Thank you. :-)

Your violet is pretty.