Sunday 15 April 2018

Pretty Pincushion


Hello!  
Today I'd like to share with you some pretty pincushions.  
I have seen this done a couple times, and when I found a stack of these metal tart tins at the free store for the second time I decided to take some home and try it myself.  


It's very simple really.  
Take a tin, some ribbon or lace, cut out a piece of fabric, a needle and thread, and a hot glue gun. 
I took the fabric, put a huge piece of batting on it and then sewed the ends together.  
Mine aren't perfectly round, but are nice and POOFY! 


I took the lace and hot glued it to the met tin. 
Then I put a bunch of hot glue on the bottom of the tin and popped the fabric "ball" I'd made down into the glue and made sure it was stuck well.  


I added some pins and voila! 
Pretty Pincushion. 
~smiles~


I first have made three, but will be making more.  
They are simple, fun and functional.

Plus with the metal you can add a magnet to the bottom to stick to any metal surface you might need to stash this pincushion, or to help hold in the pins.

Also with the metal bottom, it helps it stay put so it doesn't roll around on you. 


I love that you can use any fabric to match your decor, or in my case, 
just because I thought it was pretty.


Thanks for dropping by!
It was just something fun I wanted to share with you. 

Jennifer

3 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Simple but very very effective. Beautiful fabrics.

God's Grace Overflows said...

They are very cute!! I like simple crafts like that. Pretty fabric too!

I hope you enjoy your week Jennifer!

Hugs,
Amy

September Violets said...

These are really cute, and you've shared a great tutorial. I tend to toss my pins into a dish I have beside the sewing machine, or stick them in the arm of my chair while sewing (maybe not the safest habit, eh?). One day I may make myself a pincushion ;)
Wendy