Monday 6 February 2017

Homemade Lavender


Hello! Thanks for dropping by!  Today I have a new apron I'd like to share with you.  I found the lavender material at the local dump free store in a project bag and couldn't help but dream of making something with it. :)  Since I love aprons and use them a lot this is what was created.


I also found an old eyelet lace shirt that I snagged the pocket and little tab from.  Then also a man's shirt in the tiny green gingham that I thought would be great with it.  After looking at the material out on my sewing desk I decided that it needed some purple straps to highlight the darker purple in the material.  So, I went digging in my stash and pulled out some linen in the darker purple that I've been hoarding for like years. hehehe  Just for a time as this!


The above picture I laid against the darker purple to hide what was on the table....and it makes a nice contrast to.  You can see the tab from the shirt that I sewed a button on, and then I added a crochet flower beside it.  I made a bunch of these flowers from THIS pattern.  I added a cream button from the eyelet lace shirt and it was a great combination.

Then there was the ruffles.  I'm going to need to invest in a ruffler if I do this again...not my specialty.  The ruffles aren't too even, but I still like them. The green from the shirt, then some eyelet lace I was gifted with and then a dark purple layer to finish off the bottom.



Thank you for dropping by!  Have you been sewing anything lately?  I'd love to hear about it.

Praying you have a wonderful day!


Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Mondays.


SaveSave

3 comments:

TrishB said...

Beautiful as always!

God's Grace Overflows said...

What a pretty apron! I love how cheery the fabric is!
No sewing here, but I have been crocheting a bit. Yesterday we worked outside all day. It was so nice out, no wind and warm temps. Today it's windy and a bit cool. Just love this weather! Ha!
Enjoy your week Jennifer!
Hugs,
Amy

Danielle Dunn said...

It's beautiful. I like the purple. :)))