Monday 27 June 2016

Beautiful Arnica


Hello!  Today I would like to share with you a bit about arnica. I found some arnica flowers this week for the very first time!  I was so very excited and delighted that I could now have this herb available to me.  It is a wonderful healing herb that has pain relief properties.  I 'm not a very technical girl, but in plain english, it's a wonderful herb that helps to heal the body.  As I've learned more about natural remedies for things I can only think of how the Lord God has created all these things for our benefit.

Genesis 1:11 "And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so."

I am going to be steeping these flowers once they're dried in olive oil (I do this with a variety of herbs in a crockpot.)  Here is a good post on infusing oils at Learning and Yearning.   I'll be adding it to some homemade salve that I make.  It is wonderful to be able to find herbs to use in their natural setting away from regular pollutants.  Although I have had the thought of after they're done flowering digging up some to transplant in my yard.
Here is a website that I've read and found helpful about arnica. Called the Wellness Mama.  

Do you use arnica in any form?  I have also found that using arnica cell salts for pain relief has been SO very helpful to my family.  Don't worry, I don't make any thing to ingest from the plants.  I'm not that learned at this point.
Thank you so much for dropping by!  If you use arnica, I'd love to hear how you first started and how you use yours.

                           

Sharing with The Art of Homemaking Monday.



1 comment:

Mary E. Stephens said...

Although I use quite a few herbs, I have not used arnica. The flowers are beautiful, though. How nice to find them to harvest in the wild!