Tuesday 19 April 2016

Window of a Heart


Hello Friends! Today is the birthday of my sweet friend just over the fence. :)  So I had a good reason to play in my craft room. 

I created this card with a Stampin' Up card base that I was given by a sweet online friend! I chose this card base for it reminds me of the lace stenciling art that we saw once at an exhibition of lace stenciling on vehicle hoods.  It was amazing and she and I both agreed that having something like that hanging in our house would be fantastic!  Here's a glimpse.



I inked the heart portion so that it came through on the inside to create the pattern there.  Then I cut out the heart on a piece of lovely Bo Bunny paper that my daughter bought me at a garage sale. :)  I added some lace and ribbon, choosing the measuring tape one for she loves to sew.  Then I made a crochet flower to match the paper.  It's a new flower pattern that I used and you can find it HERE!   It's free and so easy!  I popped a brad in the center and put the flower over the lace. 


Here's a look at the inside.   I think it looks charming.


One final pic that shows the colour of the paper a bit better.


Thanks so much for dropping by!  Praying you have a lovely day!

Sharing with Word Art Wednesday , the Art of Home Making Mondays ,
& with A Tray of Bliss. 
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/2016/04/challenge-226-227-anything-goes.html


http://strangersandpilgrimsonearth.blogspot.ca/2016/04/the-art-of-home-making-mondays-please_18.html

2 comments:

Danielle Dunn said...

beautiful, Mom. :)

God's Grace Overflows said...

Wow...its pretty! And it sounds pretty easy to make. I love those handmade straight from the heart kind of giving.

Enjoy your week!
Amy