Wednesday 12 August 2015

Happy Birthday Son


Hello! My baby boy just had his birthday and he's now six years old.  I wanted to share with you the card I made for him.
Being a mother is such a blessing as I watch my children grow and know that I have a part in his life.

A dear friend of mine is moving and gave me a bunch of little boxes of chipboard pieces by K& Company.  So I added some of those and a free sentiment I found online.  I put metal stars in the one chipboard piece and then some twine.  The papers are from Marianne (that I added some inking to with Tim Holtz old paper distress ink) and Momenta.  Then after the card was all together, I added the final little bit of distressing along the outside paper.
It was so nice to play in my crafty spot again.
I'm sharing this card with Word Art Wednesday this week.

6 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy birthday to your little guy!! What a sweet card for a little fellow!! I'm sure he loves it when mom makes him something so special. God bless!

Faye said...

What a beautiful masculine card!

Karen Letchworth said...

This is just perfect for him, Jennifer. You are such an awesome Mom and your kids may not realize now how very blessed they are to have God-fearing, God-honoring parents, but they are definitely blessed children. I pray for them, and for you guys, and wish you all the very best.
Blessings and prayers,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Tracy said...

Love the color combo and the fun way you've incorporated those chipboard pieces. Happy belated birthday to your little man. Hugs!

Debbie said...

Great card for your son! I love all your little added touches, and I'm sure he will love it!
My baby is almost 14!! They grow too quickly!

Danielle Dunn said...

Awesome card....and happy bday Joel! :)