Monday 29 August 2011

Back to School

 My girls are starting their fall lessons today and so I thought I'd make them a card to start off the year.  We homeschool, so I didn't use any traditional school stamps.  Then I thought I'd make a card also for my daughter's best friend. (she also starts on the same day.)  Hope you enjoy them.
The first card above is made using a stamp from DDH's everyday mice set.  She was so cute I thought it perfect to use. I coloured the stamp with prismacolor pencil crayons.  I used a decorative scissor to add shape to the corners and then paper pierced to add a lacy feel.  I added some cute flower ribbon from Modern@Home. 

 This cute mouse is also from DDH's everyday mice set.  I had fun incorporating orange into her card since that's her favorite colour.  I layered two ribbons together (from Portafolia) and the sweet pink paper flowers are from Forever in Time. 





This card uses another stamp from DDH.  It's from their Hello Season's set.  I thought it was perfect for the "Best Friend" because she is so stylish!  I had fun trying out some new patterned papers that I just got from ATD Momenta.  I added some distressing and a bit of flower ribbon.


2 comments:

Lynn Mercurio said...

These are wonderful Jennifer. What a great way to encourage your girls to work hard in their new school year. Love your creative designs.

Hannah Clark said...

These are so cute! I love the fun cards! I'm sure your girls will just love them!